Maker, Breaker, and Professional Eater of Bread
I'm just a guy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it.
Some work I'm proud of:
- Open source on GitHub!
- 501(c)3 international nonprofit founded to increase accessibility on the internet by using gamification to power crowdsourced transcriptions of inaccessible content (images, videos, and audio)
- Home base: https://reddit.com/r/transcribersofreddit
- Featured in WIRED and WIRED UK!
- over 5500 volunteers with 255,000+ posts transcribed for those who need them
- 3D printer filament color matching database
- Every manufacturer photographs their filaments differently -- why not have a single place that photographs them all the same?
- Automatically generates relative color matches for projects up to four colors (example!)
- Completely free and open source!
This is a compendium of various writeups I've done. Use the sidebar to navigate.
- Standalone articles about projects I've done or things that I've built
- Articles or posts from over the years.